LandMapper has been used by treasure hunters and professional archaeologists to search for metal and non-metal objects underground since 2004...
Why do we recommend choosing a LandMapper for your next treasure hunting trip?
- LandMapper finds objects at a depth of up to 30 meters. Most metal detectors scan the soil to a shallow depth (1-5 m).
- LandMapper doesn’t show a picture, but after processing the data, you get accurate information about the shape of the object and its depth.
- It recognizes not only metal objects, but also gold, silver, aluminium, and wood. The vast majority of metal detectors are not able to recognize a wooden jewellery box.
- Landmapper measures electrical resistivity: it is different for different substances. Thanks to this property, you can find not only metal objects but caves, tunnels, or concrete bunkers.
- It is compact and portable. It weighs only 250 grams, the average metal detector weighs 1-2 kg, sometimes more. The LandMapper is so compact that it can be put in a shirt pocket.
- LandMapper can find both small objects and big ones. It depends on the measurement method. Here is an example protocol for 2D profile – while setting multiple electrodes one meter apart you can obtain detailed picture down to 14 meters and detect objects bigger than 30 cm. By decreasing spacing between electrodes you can detect smaller objects but at shallower depth.
Dark blue rectangular area of low resistivity in the middle of highly resistive rocks (red) indicates the metal man-made stash
measured data are courtesy of our customer from Ecuador, Bill L. * Interpreted by Landviser in 2014
- LandMapper discovers deep-lying bulky treasures such as coins stashes, relics and dungeons. Also, it can find underground anomalies such as deposits, caves, tunnels and water.
- The device is very fast. The measurement takes only 4 seconds.
- LandMapper can show the shape and depth of the objects.
LandMapper costs less than comparable devices.
-small size and weight;
Want to learn more? We will explain complex technologies in simple terms!
We offer a full range of geophysical instruments and software:
- Versatile field EC/RES/SP devices – LandMappers;
- Electromagnetic scanners (AEMP-14 and Geovizer);
- Deep & fast Electrical Tomography RES/IP instruments (SibER-32, -48, -64);
- Multifrequency 3D Ground Penetrating Radar (GRT-2X GPR – TerraZond);
- RTK GPS/GLONASS receivers;
- RES2DINV / RES3DINV and Aarhus Workbench Geo software
Contact us for advice on YOUR surveying project needs! Don’t get lost in details!