How can LandMapper be useful for golf courses?
- LandMapper will help to use water efficiently. You can create an irrigation system based on the properties of the soil.
- The device determines the level of soil salinity.
- LandMapper allows you to map the variability of soils in different regions of the golf course.
- You can use the device to monitor soil properties.
How does LandMapper help reduce water use?
The planet’s fresh water supply is limited. Since the population is increasing every year, the demand for water will rise as well. If there is a sudden drought, the last thing the government thinks about is golf courses. Golf courses are among the primary types of industries that will be looked upon to develop water conservation practices that focus on increasing water-use efficiency.
Golf courses should be equipped with an irrigation system that takes into account soil variability and uses water efficiently. Soil variability is formed by factors such as climate, solar radiation, wind speed, humidity, and air temperature. As a result, the golf courses are not uniform, the soil properties are different in different places.
Landmapper also can determine the water content in the soil at different depths.
Perhaps under the ground in some places the water stagnates. The device detects this. You will have a map with an accurate description of the soil properties throughout the field.
The device is portable, weighs only 250 grams. You can put it in your shirt pocket during measurements.
LandMapper maps terrain not only on the surface but also measures soil properties at depth.
Using the map, you can create an irrigation system that will take into account the variability of soils. Thanks to this, you will save money on watering golf courses.
What results will you get with LandMapper?
- You will be able to constantly monitor the quality of the soil: the level of salinity, texture, the presence of stones. Thanks to this, you will be able to use fertilizers on time.
- You will create an efficient irrigation system in your golf courses, which will spend only the necessary amount of water. Watering that takes into account the variability of the soil is much cheaper.
- You will be able to identify problems with the soil not on the surface, but at different depths, potentially mapping depth to water restricting layer, deeper laying salts and depth to ground water (up to 30 m). This will allow you to work with causes, not effects.
Want to learn more? We will explain complex technologies in simple terms!
We offer a full range of geophysical instruments and software:
- Versatile field EC/RES/SP devices – LandMappers;
- Electromagnetic scanners (AEMP-14 and Geovizer);
- Deep & fast Electrical Tomography RES/IP instruments (SibER-32, -48, -64);
- Multifrequency 3D Ground Penetrating Radar (GRT-2X GPR – TerraZond);
- RTK GPS/GLONASS receivers;
- RES2DINV / RES3DINV and Aarhus Workbench Geo software
Contact us for advice on YOUR surveying project needs! Don’t get lost in details!