1.Bring polygon dataset to ArcMap – can be shapefile from the local drive.
2. Bring CSV or Excel table with Lat Long for points:
3. Right click the CSV file and export data as shapefile (creates a shapefile from table data).
4. Perform spatial joint of two shapefiles (points to polygon by spatial location). Save as a shapefile.
5. Right click new shapefile and open its attribute table.
6. In that table you will see both tables connected together, i.e. each of your points will also have information from the polygon table it falls into. Export this table as DBF or TXT – see drop down menu.
7. On the pop-up “do you want to add this table to ArcMap”, click NO. Open file in Excel to further work with tables.