Forensic and archaeological applications of LandMapper
In criminology search for non-metallic objects hidden in the soil, such as buried decomposed corpses, documents,
jewellery, and drugs, is troublesome with the conventional police methods.
Only metal objects can be found with a help of magnetometers or metal detectors. Such techniques fail to detect non-metallic objects.
LandMapper is a versatile tool for criminology search of some non-metallic objects, primarily corpses, buried in the soil. The method (four-electrode probe) outlines the differences in electrical resistivity between disturbed and non-disturbed soils, therefore, does not depend on the properties of the hidden object itself and the properties of bury soil.
The geophysical techniques employed for criminology search can be useful in allowing law-enforcement officers to screen large areas and eliminate many potential targets.
To learn more about those applications see our case studies:
Want to learn more? We will explain complex technologies in simple terms!
We offer a full range of geophysical instruments and software:
- Versatile field EC/RES/SP devices – LandMappers;
- Electromagnetic scanners (AEMP-14 and Geovizer);
- Deep & fast Electrical Tomography RES/IP instruments (SibER-32, -48, -64);
- Multifrequency 3D Ground Penetrating Radar (GRT-2X GPR – TerraZond);
- RTK GPS/GLONASS receivers;
- RES2DINV / RES3DINV and Aarhus Workbench Geo software
Contact us for advice on YOUR surveying project needs! Don’t get lost in details!